Create your own Art Tile as seen on That's Clever, HGTV Filmed in 2007 :)
Tumbled Marble Tile 4" x 4" x 3/8"
Electric Engraving tool
hand carving tools, file
Paint brushes and sponges
Cup with water for rinsing and creating wash
Tile may be framed as shown or used as accent tile.
Step by step
1. Create image of dragonfly on tracing paper for position
2. Draw dragonfly image onto marble with pencil
3. Etch the lines with engraving tool
4. Mask around the dragonfly with tape (if desired) and paint engraved lines
5. Etch lines deeper
6. Mix desired colors (blue-green)
7. Sponge tile with paint let dry remove tape
8. Etch lines deeper where needed
9. Repaint new lines with small brush or add another layer of paint to entire surface
10. Add accent colors to desired areas wait till dries
11. Sand "lightly" entire surface for a smooth clean finish
I have always liked to draw ever since I was very young. I have worked in the memorial business hand etching scenes on granite for 18 years. I am self taught and currently sculpting one of a kind art dolls. I always experiment and every sculpture is created using a unique process. I enjoy sculpting all subjects and especially mini mermaid babies and angel babies. And of course life like babies!